Sunday, March 20, 2011

YES.

I've been working at Uinta for this month and it's been hard, but also very fun and rewarding.  I like the girls that I work with and I like my coworkers.  My first day was so scary! Training really makes you think that you're going into a snake pit filled with pint sized serial killers...when really, they are just teenage girls.

But! remember that one time in my last post when I was all, "I need to nail my interview blah blah blah."? Yeah, well, I nailed it.  Day two into my new job at Uinta Academy (after four days of training), also known at March 10th, and I get the most wonderful phone call.  Or rather, miss the most wonderful phone call because I'm sleeping...so we'll go with: I got the most wonderful voicemail.  It's Wasatch Lawn calling to say that they like me...they really like me...and would I be interested in the apprentice position?

YES.
YEs.
yES.
YeS.
                     yes.
                                                          YES.


With the smile of a lifetime on my face I called them back and said I am most definitely interested in the apprentice position.  I go in and fill out the official paperwork.  Take a drug test and let them do a background check.  Clean and clean, thank you very much.  I tell Uinta my last day will be the 19th because my first day at Wasatch is going to be the 28th and I have to try and move down by then.

Things are finally looking up.

I'm going to miss the girls at Uinta, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment