Monday, August 30, 2010

Beer and a Friend

So I went on my first date since the trainwreck breakup.  I don't really want to move on, but I can't continue obsessing over the past, either.  I went and it was light and fun.  We had a chat.  We got some food.  We watched something funny.  

Ok, now here's the tricky moment.  We decided to watch something else...he put it in, and then flopped on the beanbag chair in his apartment.  Away from me.  Miles away, really.  Was I:

A.) Supposed to slither up next to him in the beanbag so that we'd be in super close quarters
B.) Supposed to take it as a hint that he was not enjoying me at all
C.) Flat out ask what his intentions were
or
D.) Not put this much thought into it

After our date, I didn't hear from him.  And didn't hear from him.  And heard even less from him.  So I sent him a neutral text yesterday and BAM!!! 

Rejection.

It's ok it's ok.  I can deal.  It's cool.  Right? Right.  Ok.  Yes.  Ok.  Mmhmmmm.

In other news, I had a beer and a vent with my amazing friend, Dani, yesterday.  It was most excellent.  We went to the Beehive Grill and talked for two hours about our astounding lives (and also the darker bits).  Good times.  Sometimes all you need is a beer and a friend.  Today is the first day of school for her and pretty much everyone else I know.  Today's the day it is supposed to sink in that I am a graduate and that I am all done with school.  They are going to school, and I should be looking for a job--nay--a career.  

But as I said in my last post, I will be filling in my "school" time with "attempting to find a hint of who I am and where I'm supposed to be and what I should be doing" time.  Or something like that.  And I am, in fact, following my own orders.

Belly dancing starts on September 7th.  I'm there.

As for deciding to learn to play piano, I took an online piano lesson from this guy (see link, please).  And oh.  Oh, I am going to roll with it.  That is video #1 out of 40 lesson videos! He is kind of crazy...which I can appreciate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphWgqbF-AM




No comments:

Post a Comment