Super tired. I'm just going to try and get it all down. I'll fix it later.
Friday-Saturday: we left Logan at 5:00PM. Around 4:00AM we stopped in Prime, Nevada and took a small nap, and just a few hours later, we pulled off on a road called something crazy like Zzyxz and took another nap. We finally made it to California at 10:00AM, but check in wasn't until 1:00PM. The place that we are staying at is called The Little Inn By The Bay and it is so cute. They rent out bikes for free and bodyboards and beach chairs. It's really nice. While waiting for check-in, we walked down to the the beach and out to the end of the pier and there was a huge sea lion swimming around! It was incredible. We checked in and unpacked and took a small nap since we only got a total of about three hours of sleep while we were driving. Showered. Got ready and went to my favorite restaraunt in the world, The Crab Cooker. I got my favorite dish, the Combination Plate, and a clam chowder. Their clam chowder is the only clam chowder that I like...it is made with a red broth instead of creamy white grossness, and it is slightly spicy. The Combination Plate comes with a skewer of fish, shrimp, scallop, and veggies, a half cup of rice, and sliced tomatos. AKA, normal portion sized. After we ate, Tori and I rented some bikes and went for a long bike ride, stopping at a jetty and taking pictures of the crabs and sea anenomies on the rocks. There were starfish, too, and I tried to pick them up...but they are stuck onto the rock and I don't want to yank them off and hurt them. So we touched the sea anenomies instead and we found a big crab on the sand that I picked up. After we got back from our bike ride, I went to Blackies By The Sea, Newport's version of The Owl, and sipped on a beer.
Sunday: we got up and went to the beach. The liquor store is right next door to our hotel, so I got a big Mike's Hard Lemonade and sipped on it at the beach. It was lovely. I got in the water and bodyboarded a little bit, but the waves weren't very big, so I ended up swimming around a lot. I decided to walk down to the pier and back halfway in the water as a workout, and my thighs were burning by the end! I'm sore today, haha. It worked! After our day at the beach, we went back to the room and showered and got dressed then went and ate at the Spaghetti Factory and then went and saw Easy A. I looove that movie! It was hilarious...and it reminded me of a John Hughes movie. Which is what it was aiming for. Success, Easy A. Success.
Monday: Today was the best yet! We woke up and ate some breakfast, and then all three of us rented bikes and we rode three miles down the back to The Wedge. The Wedge is a famous part of the beach known for huge waves. I watched the waves for a while, and then decided I was going to make the treck down the looong rock jetty. It's about 0.8 miles of uneven boulders to climb over. Tori and I started out on it and we made friends with this guy and he took a bunch of pictures of us and we talked about skiing in Utah and then we took a picture of him, haha. And then he went on his way and we went on ours. We didn't even catch his name. We decided he is a Hayden. Then Tori turned back, but I hiked on. I finally made it too the very end (dripping with sweat!) and found garbage everywhere. It was really depressing. I saw a seagull pecking at some string, so I went over and took it away from it, and it turns out that it was pecking at a HOOK attached to the string with a tiny bit of fish on it. I shudder to think what happens to the birds out there and seals and sea lions that come up on the rocks and eat the crap people leave. I took a bunch of pictures and saw a seal. It was really nice...minus the trash. Since I didn't have a garbage bag to pick up trash on my way back, I decided I would at least pick up any fishing line that was in my path. I had a huge ball of it by the time I reached the beach again! Awful. I feel like writing a letter to the mayor here or something. Make people who have to do community service clean up the jettys! Blah. Anyway, we rode our bikes back to the hotel and I hopped in my swimming suit and went to the beach. The waves were huge! There was a rip tide! It was excellent! I got some AWESOME rides. There is no other feeling like the feeling of catching a huge wave and skimming down in front of it, it crashing around you and pushing you forward, the water misting in your face...I love it so much. I caught wave after wave. The waves were so big and the rip tide so strong that the lifeguards called everyone out of the water who didn't have flippers. Buuut...I have flippers! So I got to stay and keep up the rides! But I had an awkward moment when I rode a huge wave in and stood up to three men cheering and whistling at me. I thought that they were just cheering my great ride. Until I realized my bikini top was down around my waist. Great. After that, when I would ride a wave in, they would stop talking and watch me stand up! Hahaha. I felt like I could have stayed out there forever. I didn't want to leave. But the sun was starting to sink away and my fear of sharks grew when I saw a big fish jump out of the water near me!!! So I rode the next wave in and then me and Tori went and ate at The Crab Cooker and got my mom some take-out. Tori and I never hang out anymore. It was nice to talk to her. I found out she doesn't believe in anything after we die. She doesn't believe in God. I didn't know that. Now I am back in the room, sipping on another big Mike's Hard Lemonade...exhausted. Sore. Sunburned. Feeling completely amazing. I love this trip. I needed this trip. Everything has gone right. And Weston has been so good! He's always good. He never cries. He fusses sometimes, but usually he's sleeping or looking around, as amused as the rest of us. So cute. I love him. He's way grouchy tonight, though...if you make a noise, he wakes up and kind of yells at you! ...and then goes back to sleep. Haha. He's a Rock =)
Tomorrow me and Tori are going to Disneyland. I love that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And since it's the off season and everyone is in school, it shouldn't be very crowded! Ahhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment