Sunday, September 5, 2010

Can It Get Worse?

Yesterday...

I was supposed to open the store.  I woke up at 8:30AM and texted my boss with someone elses phone asking her what time I was supposed to come in for the day, because since I had lost my phone, I had also lost my schedule.  She didn't reply and I drifted back to sleep.  At 10AM, when The Persian Peacock is supposed to be open, I got a phone call from my boss.

Yikes.

I threw on some clothes and a hat, my mom packed me a sandwich, and I tossed my toothbrush and toothpaste into my purse to brush my teeth at work! I made it in there at 10:20AM.  Not too outrageous for being asleep only twenty minutes before, if I do say so myself.

Work during the day always flies compared to working at night.  My six hour shift felt like half of my usual four hour shifts, and then I was out of there at 4PM and ready to go to my grandma's to visit with Teal and Debbie.

Debbie is pregnant! So exciting! After visiting for the whole evening, my mom and sister and I decided to sleep over, and Debbie, Teal, Tori and I stayed up late talking about names for a longer time than I thought was possible for the subject matter.  We all laughed really hard after we realized we all loved the name Jack, but that if Debbie had a boy and named him that, he would be named Jack Blackwell.  It doesn't sound funny at all now! But I always laugh so hard when it's the four of us, and that was particularly hilarious.  It's so fun when we together.

So I've been at my grandma's all day today.  Constance and John showed up to eat everyone elses food and Mary came with her boyfriend.  It has sucked watching her and her boyfriend be all lovey dovey considering today is Michael's birthday.  Can it get worse?  Yes.  Yes it can.  I was walking out to my grandma's shed to open the door before I started hauling her tables and chairs into it, and Mary and her boyfriend were laying in the grass, fingers intwined, whispering and giggling among themselves.  I tripped and fell.  They laughed at me.  They didn't ask if I was ok or do the polite gesture of helping me up.  They literally just laughed out loud at me and then went back to their love affair. 

I tried to laugh it off, but it hurt when I fell and I was humiliated.  So here I am.  Hiding in the computer room, waiting for that awful family to leave and this awful day to end.

Tomorrow will be better.  I will make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment